Location: Shepherd’s Bush, London, W12
Start date: mid-late February
Contract Duration: 12 months (subject to probationary period)
The Connected Set is looking to recruit a channel assistant for our YouTube channel youtube.com/mashed, which we run for Channel 4 Television. The role will be based in our busy office in Wood Lane, London.
We are looking for someone who is super organised, pro-active and articulate. The role spans administration and marketing support – the perfect candidate will have some experience in both these areas.
Mashed is an exciting new YouTube channel run by The Connected Set for Channel 4. We create short, simple and punchy video content around news, films, television, games, pop culture and the Internet. We work with top YouTube talent to create these clips, as well as providing a platform for brand new talent to showcase their skills.
The position is a fantastic and rare opportunity to be involved in a cutting edge project that spans online, VOD & broadcast. We are looking for someone who is highly organised and possesses a meticulous attention to detail. Do not apply unless you are an avid consumer of shortform video content.
This is a job for a focused and driven individual who aspires to build a career in YouTube channel management. This will be an exciting, but demanding and fast paced job – and we need the type of person who gets things done and keeps smiling while they do it!
- > Knowledge of copyright clearance requirements including contributor contracts, third party materials releases and music clearance.
- > Budget management including a strong knowledge of excel.
- > Experience of running marketing campaigns including demonstrable social media experience.
- > Knowledge and passion for short form & online content.
- > An excellent communicator in both written and verbal communication.
- > High attention to detail.
PREFERRED SKILLS :
- > Avid consumer of online media (eg. Buzzfeed, UsVsTh3m, Reddit, Huff Post & others).
- > A love (or even addiction) for social media.
- > A passion for TV, movies, games & pop culture.
- > Knowledge of YouTube analytics, Photoshop, FCPX and After Effects great but not essential.
Some paid experience in a production assistant or channel management role for an established TV indie or online content producer (this time can be made up of several jobs).
- > Documenting and filing contracts, sign-off documents, clearance of 3rd party/creative commons video, photo and music material used in the clips or on the channel.
- > Contacting and responding to contributor queries or issues with contracts, invoices and use of 3rd party materials.
- > and managing all final deliveries of files from contributors
- > Updating Excel spread sheets with information about each clip, along with delivery dates and other relevant info.
- > Assembling final sign off documents to be signed off by the Channel Manager and/or Exec Producer.
2. Marketing & PR
- > Strong research skills – identifying digital, print & radio media outlets whose editorial spec and content output naturally fits with mashed.
- > Initiating and where appropriate maintaining strong relationships with journalists, bloggers and other relevant individuals.
- > Preparing presentations that analyse both the channel overall and individual clips, identifying the reasons for positive or negative performance.
- > Keeping up to date with memes, online content, Reddit & other sources that document emerging or popular trends with global appeal.
- > Producing a weekly document that identifies stories, TV shows, films, games & pop culture that the channel could create content about.
- > Actively looking for and communicating to the channel manager events, nights and other meetings relevant to mashed, from gaining exposure for the channel and showcasing content to meeting potential new talent.
- > Developing and communicating innovative, clever & funny approaches to marketing clips.
You’re the kind of person who is already known by your friends as the super organised one, with a meticulous attention to detail and a pride in all the work you do. You already love to watch short, sharp and funny online content, instantly understands when someone says “such wow” & possess fantastic knowledge of games, films, TV & other mainstream pop culture. You use sites like Reddit, Buzzfeed & Boing Boing and are constantly thinking about ideas around the content they cover. You are articulate, energetic, intelligent and passionate about everything you do.
You’ll be able to combine that organisational excellence with a creative mind and ability to develop innovative approaches to marketing and exposure for the channel.
ABOUT THE CONNECTED SET:
The Connected Set is truly multiplatform producer helping broadcasters & content brands entertain digitally engaged audiences. We develop & produce content & digital products across TV, mobile, tablet, web, & emerging technologies. We work with TV broadcasters, TV production companies, branded content agencies & next-gen TV publishers to deliver entertaining content & online products for digitally engaged audiences. Recent clients include Channel 4 & E4, BBC, CANAL+, Fremantle Media, MSN.com & TATE.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, email a CV and cover letter that explains why you would be perfect for this role in up to 100 words, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is the 27th January.
The Connected Set is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of society. Please do not call the office – we will reply to all applicants within 3 weeks of submitting an application. Due to the volume of applications we receive candidates who call the office may be blacklisted. We are not recruiting for any other roles at this time.