6 month contract (initially) – 3-5 days a week – start date & rate negotiable – based in London
We’re looking for a self-confessed ‘ideas person’ who can generate groundbreaking digital and television format ideas based on solid audience research, market insight and strategic thinking.
As a creative strategist you will be able to get straight to the heart of a client brief – to read between the lines with a strong intuition as to what they’re looking for. You’ll be able to combine creative thinking with your extensive knowledge of technology trends, cultural trends and audience research, to deliver brilliant entertainment concepts – that could be a TV format, a second screen application, a game, or a transmedia proposition. You’ll take ideas from conception through to preparing high quality pitch materials, and often be involved in pitching directly to clients.
- · Keeping up to date with emerging digital technology, marketing strategies and popular culture (including being a committed TV watcher).
- · Strong research skills – familiarity with a range of qualitative and quantitative sources including Mintel, BARB, comscore, and the skills required to interpret this information.
- · Running ideation/brainstorm sessions with the team (and occasionally external clients) using a variety of brainstorm techniques.
- · Preparing presentations to illustrate ideas with a high standard of creative writing skill, attention to detail, and a good eye for design within common presentation tools like powerpoint and/or keynote.
- · Producing or overseeing additional pitch materials that could include taster tapes, graphic designs, wireframes and prototypes.
- · Communicating ideas to the team at all stages to benefit from knowledge sharing and working with others (including third party partners/consultants) to deliver budgets, schedules and technical specifications with pitches.
- · Communicating these ideas to clients and new business prospects (eg. in pitches, email and other formats).
- · Presenting research and pitches at conferences and events to raise the profile of the company and generate new business leads.
You’re the kind of person that spends those snatched few minutes every day obsessively reading about the latest technology news, marketing theory and cultural trends. You’re always carefully observing the world around you in your search for inspiration. You do all of this not because it’s your job, but because it’s your absolute passion. You see a new piece of technology or a cultural trend and you’re instantly excited about doing something cool with it. Your friends and colleagues would describe you as energetic, optimistic, intelligent, entrepreneurial, fearless and determined to try new things.
We’re deliberately being open-minded about this role as we need a unique kind of person (or combination of people). As such we’re open to hearing from all levels of experience – you could be a middle manager (eg. a digital account manager or TV development producer), or work at a more junior level but with relevant vocational and educational experience (and bags of energy). If you contact us please explain in your cover letter why you think you’re suited to this role.
The only things we must insist on is that you have the right to work in the UK and that you’re applying for yourself and not via a recruitment consultant.
About The Connected Set:
The Connected Set is an entertainment formats producer. Our work spans TV and web video formats, second screen applications, mobile games, and web apps. We’re currently working with companies including Channel 4 Television, MSN.com, Fremantle Media and Tate Enterprises. We’re a small team (4 strong) with big ambitions to create new types of entertainment experiences across multiple platforms. We’re looking for an exceptional and entrepreneurial individual to play a central role in the growth of the company.
How to apply:
Please send a CV, covering letter/email, details or your availability and your weekly/day rate to: email@example.com
Closing date: 30th April 2012
Please do not call – we will be going through CVs in batches so you will not get a reply straight away. We will endeavour to reply to all applicants.